Sunday, June 19, 2011

The day is finally here!

The Wildlife In Need Center is moving to its new home!
After several years of searching, rasing funds and support, and negotiating leases, our more efficient, more green, more public-friendly facility will be opening on Monday, June 27th.

To accomodate for the moving process, the Center will not be accepting calls for phone counseling, nor will we be accepting patients to our clinic on:
Thursday, June 23rd
Friday, June 24th
Saturday, June 25th 
Sunday, June 26th

Click here for links to other area resources that can be of assistance if you've found an animal that you think needs help.
We will open the doors at our new facility at W349 S1480 S. Waterville Road Suite B on
Monday, June 27th.
Please note that our new phone number will be (262) 965-3090

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was trained by WINC and volunteered in the first house in Waukesha in 1995, and then for two years in Oconomowoc, until I moved back to Texas in 1997. I remember vividly going in for a shift and suturing a Mourning Dove several days after a cat attack left him with feathers only on his head and the front of one wing, and a deep gash through the chest muscles. When I returned for my next shift the following week, I found that the sutures had pulled out. Nan and I sedated him again, and I resutured him. (We won't suture a human cut more than 24 hours old. This was going on two weeks for this dove.) To my amazement, he healed without infection. He stayed in the center from mid-fall though spring, growing all of his feathers back. He would serenade us with his sweet song as we helped the other animals. When the weather finally turned in late March, I had the extreme honor of taking him to a wooded area with a pond and releasing him. Opening that carrier door and seeing him look quickly around and then burst into flight was one of the most special moments of my life.

    I am THRILLED to heat that WINC has continued on and is now in such a nice facility.Hooray for you and all the wonderful work you have done these 16+ years.

    ReplyDelete